Got some overly ripe bananas? Well, that’s perfect to make my easy vegan banana muffins! Trust me, you are going to be baking these every weekend! They just fill the kitchen with the most amazing smell! I’m sure even the neighbours can smell this deliciousness being baked!
This recipe originates from my Vegan Banana Muffins, which you can find here, but with a little spice or streusel I should say. The streusel just gives it an extra level of texture, taking these boring muffins into a perfect coffee companion.
Let’s bake some muffins!
These muffins have all of the flavour and none of the nasty filler ingredients you typically find in store bought muffins. I find it SO important to pay attention to our ingredients, especially when we can control them.
If you don’t have unbleached flour or coconut sugar, you can definitely still use regular flour and brown sugar instead. Make this recipe work for YOU! I can’t stress that enough, these recipes are inspiration. Use them as a base for your own creativity, you are the chef!
If you make these, be sure to leave me a comment and let me know! I love to hear your feedback. Don’t forget to share your bakes to IG and tag me @theslottedspoons
Vegan Banana Muffins with Streusel
- 3 Ripe Bananas, Mashed
- ¾ cup Raw Sugar
- 1 Flax Egg 1 tbsp of Ground Flax seed + 2 tbsp of water. Mix in a small bowl and let set for 10 minuets.
- ⅓ cup Melted Coconut Oil unrefined
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- ½ tsp Salt
- 1½ cup All-Purpose Unbleached Flour
- ½ cup All-Purpose Unbleached Flour
- ⅓ cup Old-fashioned Rolled Oats
- ¼ cup Coconut Sugar
- 2 tbsp Raw Sugar
- ¼ tsp Salt
- ½ cup Melted Coconut Oil
- Combine all streuel ingredients in a small bowl, mix well
- Place bowl in the fridge to allow the coconut oil to begin to harden while you prepare the muffins
- Make your flax egg and set it aside for 10 minutes for it to jell
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and line a muffin tin
- Combine all dry ingredients in a large bowl and set aside
- Using a fork, mash bananas in a medium bowl
- Add Sugar and Flax Egg
- Add Melted Coconut Oil and mix well together
- Combine wet ingredients with the dry ingredients. Becareful not to over mix
- Spoon ¼ cup of batter into lined muffin tin. Top batter with streusel, about ½ tbsp for each muffin
- Bake for 20-25 minuets, until toothpick comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and transfer to a cooling rack
- Once completely cooled, store at room temperature in an air tight container for up to a week