Up-levelling breakfast or bunch just got easier! This 2 ingredient Strawberry Compote is ready for that weekend chill. I love making this, so easy and takes no time at all!
I don’t know about you, but I like to go ALL out when I find the time to make pancakes! This compote is top of the list to make with my pancakes — goes great with my Buttermilk Pancakes!
Breakfast in bed is such and dream! Early morning cozy vibes with pancakes and coffee sound nice! I’m sure you agree!
Make Strawberry Compote
Like I mentioned before, you only need TWO ingredients for this recipe, Strawberries and Coconut Sugar! Light brown sugar can also be used in this recipe as well.
The compote comes together in less than 10 minutes and as it starts to cool the sugars thicken up. Trust me, you want to give this a try! Don’t forget to Rate and Comment if you make this!
- 12 Strawberries destemmed, halved
- Make the strawberry compote first by placing the strawberries and Coconut Sugar in a saucepan on medium heat.
- Stir occasionally and allow the strawberries to soften, about 5 minutes. Allow the liquid to slightly bubble.
- Using the back of a wooden spoon, crush some of the strawberries.
- Transfer to a small bowl, it will thicken up as it cools.