Ahh Canadian Spring – bitter, cold, and wet! Yeah, does not sound pleasant. These days you still need the warm soups and drinks, maybe even some warm desserts?
We’ve all heard of baked apples but what about the PEAR?! We need to give her some love too. Truth be told, I’m not an apple person, sure in baked goods – all day long! But eating an apple whole and raw…NAH! Not my favourite.
Pears though, I definitely like more than apple (sorry apples). My favourite pears are the ones that get super soft when they are ripe, and when you bite into them the juices just explode! So why not throw them into the oven and give them a bake!
Here comes some Baked Ricotta Pears, topped with Amaretti Cookies! It’s warm, comforting with the right amount of sweetness. The pears are dusted with cinnamon and drizzled with honey is just AMAZING!
What you need
This recipe is SUPER easy, and you only require a handful of ingredients.
Ingredients you will need:
- Bosc Pear
- Ricotta Cheese
- Amaretti Cookies
- Bosc Pears, they have a firm flesh and hold up the best while baking
- You also want to use full-fat Ricotta Cheese, this will help round out some of the sweetness
- Crunchy Amaretti Cookies work the best here
Baked Amaretti Pears
- Baking Sheet
- 4-5 Bosc Pears Halves
- 1 Cup Traditional Style Ricotta Full-Fat
- ½ tsp Cinnamon
- Wildflower Honey
- 8-10 Amaretti Cookies Crushed
- Preheat your oven to 375°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Using a tablespoon, scoop out the centres of each pear halves with the seeds. Make sure not to over scoop, you want to leave flesh and not go through the skin.
- Scoop in a tablespoon of ricotta cheese in each pear. Dust each pear with cinnamon.
- Drizzle each pear with honey. Place baking sheet in the oven and bake for 10 minutes.
- Remove the pears from the oven and add the crushed amaretti to the tops of each pear. Place in the oven for another 10 minutes or until pears are soft.
- Serve warm and enjoy!