Who doesn’t love a cup of golden sunshine! Anytime I crave a Golden Latte I can easily pull out this mix from the pantry and make whenever a craving hits. I used to dread pulling out all the ingredients to make one latte, so combining all the ingredients in one jar just had to be done.
Look how beautiful that colour looks! Isn’t it just gorgeous!
Don’t you just love this jar and label situation as I do!? I thrifted a pack of brand new IKEA jars and I used a Dymo embossing label maker.
Let’s Make a Golden Latte
This mix is SUPER easy to make! If you live in a home with an abundance of spices like I do, then this part will be easy. If you don’t, that’s okay! Having these spices on hand will be a great addition to your kitchen pantry!
You only need 5 spices:
- Turmeric Powder
- Ginger Powder
- Ground Cinnamon
- Ground Cardamom
- Ground Black Pepper
Now you might be like, Ground Black Pepper? Yes, it’s true you need it! Apparently, the addition of the black pepper is necessary for your body to absorb the benefits of turmeric. That said, I’m not a doctor and you should definitely do your own research.
When you make this for the first few times I HIGHLY recommend you use only 1/2 tsp of your mix as a starting base. Play around with the amount of mix that works for you and your tastes.
Let’s make one! Don’t forget to tag me on Instagram @theslottedspoons if you make this!
Golden Latte Mix
Golden Latte Mix
- 5 tbsp Turmeric Powder
- 3 tsp Ginger Powder
- 2 tsp Cinnamon
- 1 tsp Ground Cardamom
- 1 tsp Ground Black Pepper
- 1½ cup Milk Any Kind
- ½ tsp Golden Latte Mix
- ½ tsp Honey
To Make Mix
- Combine all the spices in a resealable jar.
To Make Golden Latte
- In a small saucepan on medium heat, combine ½ cup of Milk and ½ of Golden Latte Mix. Whisk together to combine.
- Add the rest of the milk and whisk. Allow to heat for 2-3 minutes, whisking occasionally. Be careful not to overheat or burn the milk.
- Once the milk has heated, remove from heat and strain into a mug.
- Sweeten with honey or Maple syrup if desired.
Check out my latest posts for more deliciousness!