Hot summer days are calling for ice-cold Honey Lemon Matcha! I definitely love a good matcha latte, but this drink in the summer is so refreshing. The fresh squeeze of the lemon pairs so well with the taste of the matcha.
Making Lemon Honey Matcha
You will need:
- High-Quality Matcha (I get mine here)
- Local Honey
I like to make my matcha as I would normally, this helps dissolve the matcha to avoid any graininess. At this point I add the honey to the matcha and whisk, this will incorporate the honey best.
I then pour the matcha over ice and add the rest of the cold water. How much water depends on your personal tastes. Squeeze the lemon over your drink and stir.
Iced Lemon Honey Matcha
- ½ tsp Matcha
- ¼ cup Boiled Water
- ½ tsp Honey
- ¾ cup Cold Water
- ¼ Lemon Juice from a fresh lemon
- In a matcha bowl or a small glass bowl, whisk together matcha and ¼ cup of boiled water. Whisk until frothy and well combined.
- Add in honey and whisk together with matcha until combined.
- In a glass with ice, pour over matcha and add the cold water.
- Squeeze the juice of ¼ of lemon into the matcha and stir.