I will keep this post short and sweet. The New Year is upon us and we are READY to welcome the New Year!
Whether you are having a get-together or having just a small dinner with loved ones these Brie Bites are the perfect appetizer to have on the menu, especially if you have some leftover cranberry sauce.
The best part is if you are tired of cranberry sauce you can use any other fruit jam! Fig, strawberry, even apricot!
I didn’t use pre-rolled puff pastry, but if you have access to some you most definitely can use it.
I used about 1/2 a wheel of brie for this recipe.
Brie Cranberry Puff Pastry Appetizers
- 1 Mini Muffin Tray
- 1 Puff Pastry Rolled out, if not already Pre-Rolled
- Cranberry Jam or any other fruit jam
- Fresh Thyme Sprigs
- Smoked Honey
- Flaked Sea Salt
- Pre-heat the oven to 350ºF and lighty grease the muffin tray
- If you are using pre-rolled puff pastry, skip this step. On lightly floured surface, roll out the puff pastry in a 12"x12" square or until 4 mm (0.15in) thick.
- Cut into 4"x4" squares and place each square into to the muffin tray and push the centre of the pastry
- Place a ½" cube of brie inside each pastry centre and 1 tsp of jam over top.
- Place a sprig of thyme on top of the jam.
- Place in the oven for 20-25 minutes, until the pastries are golden brown.
- Once removed from the oven, plate the appetizers on a severing platter. Drizzle smoked honey over each pastry and sprinkle flaked sea salt on top.