Oh did I mention with Orange Blossom Water?! Yes, these dates are soaked in orange blossom water and stuffed with walnuts and tahini then dipped in chocolate! We can’t forget the best part – that sprinkle of flaked Sea Salt!
There are stuffed dates all around the world, but from what I know in the Moroccan tradition – they wipe the dates with Orange Blossom Water and stuff each date with walnuts. I decided to take that up a notch or two!
So Easy to Make!
All you need for these Dates are a handful of ingredients, some you already might have.
You will need:
- Medjool Dates
- Orange Blossom Water
- Walnut Halves
- Dark Chocolate
- Flaked Sea Salt
Make sure you get nice and big Medjool Dates, this way you can easily stuff them. Finding Orange Blossom Water might be tricky based on where you live. If the store has Tahini it’s likely to have orange blossom water too.
To Soak or Wipe
Now you might think soaking the dates is a waste of orange blossom water, but hear me out! When the dates soak in the blossom water for that 2 minutes it absorbs into the dates giving a nice flavour.
If you don’t have much blossom water, then wiping them with the blossom water is just fine. Luckily Orange Blossom water is very affordable. My Mom’s family back in Morocco used to distill their own!
Orange Blossom Dates Stuffed with Walnuts
- 16 Medjool Dates
- ½ cup Orange Blossom Water
- ½ cup Walnut Halves
- ½ cup Dark Chocolate Melted
- Flaked Sea Salt
- Place all your unpitted dates in a small bowl and pour over the orange blossom water until they are just covered. Leave for 2 minutes. Alternatively, you can just wipe each date down with a paper towel soaked with the blossom water.
- Remove the dates from the bowl and pat dry.
- Cut the centre to remove the pits.
- Stuff each date with one or two walnut halves and gently squeeze them closed.
- Melt your dark chocolate using the double bowl method.
- Dip each date in chocolate and place it on a plate lined with parchment paper and top with the salt.
- Place dates in the freezer. This allows the chocolate to set. About 15 minutes.
- Remove from the freezer and drizzle tahini into the opening of each date over the walnuts.
- Store in the freezer or fridge and enjoy anytime you need a little treat.