Comfy Cozy Season is here! I know not everyone loves the cold and darker days, but I’m here for the mindset change.
Let’s find some positives:
- The morning after a snowfall is beautiful
- Sweaters are your friend
- Winter forest walks are so peaceful
- Getting cozy is the best feeling EVER!
Speaking of getting cozy, why not get cozy with my Cardamom Hot Chocolate Recipe!
Come on! You have to admit, nothing says “Let’s get cozy” then a nice cup of hot chocolate. Just look at that cup!
Velvety smooth hot chocolate spiced with cinnamon and cardamom topped the pillowy marshmallows and shaved chocolate. Convinced yet? Let’s make some!
Let’s make some hot chocolate!
This recipe is super easy and for only 10 minutes of your effort.
What will you need:
- Milk, dairy or plant-based
- Dark Chocolate, 70-80%
- Cinnamon Sticks
- Cardamom Pods
- Cocoa Powder
- Honey or Maple Syrup to taste
I topped mine with Vegan Marshmallows and Shaved Dark Chocolate.
All the instructions are in the recipe below!
Easy Cardamom Hot Chocolate
- 2 mugs Milk Any Milk you prefer
- 4 pieces Dark Chocolate
- 4 3" Cinnamon Sticks
- 4 Cardamom Pods Whole
- 4 tbsp Cocoa Powder
- Pinch of Salt
- Honey or Maple Syrup to Sweeten
- Measure out the milk in the mug you will be using and pour it into your sauce pan. Heat on low for 2-3 minutes.
- Add chocolate squares to the heated milk and whisk until combined.
- Add cinnamon sticks and cardamom pods to the pot. Allow simmering with the milk for 3-5 minutes.
- Sift in Cocoa Power and whisk to combine.
- Whisk in a pinch of salt and add in your sweetener of choice.
- Remove from heat and strain into cups. Serve warm and top with marshmallows and shaved dark chocolate.