(this post contains affiliate links)
Ah winter…love it or hate it, we still gotta deal with it! I find people have so many negative feelings associated with the season – especially if you live in an area that sees regular snowfalls during the season. Well let’s find some positives:
- The morning after a snowfall is pretty
- Sweaters are your friend
- Nature winter walks can be peaceful
- Getting cozy is the best feeling EVER!
Speaking of getting cozy…why not get cozy with my Cardamom Hot Chocolate Recipe!
Come on! You have to admit, nothing says “Let’s get cozy” then a nice cup of hot chocolate. Just look at that cup! Velvety smooth hot chocolate spiced with cinnamon and cardamom – topped the pillowy marshmallows and grated chocolate. Convinced yet? Let’s make some! You can also head on to my instagram and check-out my reel!
let’s make some hot chocolate!
This recipe is SO easy and is less than 10 minutes of your efforts.
What will you need:
- Milk – Any kind
- Dark Chocolate – I like to use a 70-80%
- Cinnamon Sticks
- Cardamom Pods
- Cocoa Powder
- Honey or Maple Syrup to taste
I topped mine with Vegan Marshmallows and Grated Dark Chocolate.
All the instructions are in the recipe below!
Easy Cardamom Hot Chocolate
- 2 mugs Milk Any Milk you prefer
- 4 pieces Dark Chocolate
- 4 3" Cinnamon Sticks
- 4 Cardamom Pods Whole
- 4 tbsp Cocoa Powder
- Pinch of Salt
- Honey or Maple Syrup to sweeten
- Measure out milk in the mug you will be using and pour into your sauce pan. Heat on low
- Add chocolate squared to heated milk and whisk
- Add cinnamon sticks and cardamom pods to the pot. Allow to simmer with the milk for 3-5 minutes
- Sift in Cocoa Power and whisk to combine
- Whisk in a pinch of salt and add in your sweetner of choice
- Remove from heat and strain into cups